Monday, December 31, 2007

A Joyous Year!

Hello Friends,
It has been far to long since our blog was updated and since this is the last day of 2007 and I'm feeling very sad I thought I would wax nostalgic. It has been quite a year, hopefully not just for me but for all of you as well. A few dreams have been fulfilled, new friends made, and some friends have parted ways. Today my very dear friend and co-founder of the foundation for spreading joy and happiness left the "smurf" (this is what we lovingly call where we work since the initials SMGF are very similar, plus it is just fun). It is a good move on her part, and change is good for all of us. It pushes us and empowers us to become who we need to become. I don't usually cry in front of people, normally I can't, so if I do it is a big deal. Today I cried like a baby, and my eyes just water up whenever I think about her not being there. I know this doesn't sound like much joy and happiness, but you have to experience the sad to truly experience the joy. I'm going to miss my friend. It is hard to explain or put into words our friendship. We are like an extension of ourselves(sick candy aside), it's like we are one person but we aren't. I don't know if this is to morbid of an example of how I feel but here goes: I feel like someone I care about died and I'm left behind to exist, to walk by all the places that will remind me of her and what we did. Now don't get me wrong we will still see each other. We have a few trips in us yet, and I know her phone number!!! It just won't be the same at work without her. It just made me think of some of the good times over the past 3 years. The log sheet, fun police, stalin, hitler, my name is Iyas can I save you 10%, the pumpkin, happy hour, saran wrapping star wars figurines, Tolley, Hansen, Woodward, Edmerica, The intern, body parts, "I just can't take another Monday" and the list could go on. We had some great times at the "smurf" and for me it will not be the same without her. So Trish A. Tolley thank you for 3 of the funnest years, and for letting me learn from one of the kindest and most gracious persons I have ever known!(I know I know I can still learn). I know you have had your fill of hearing about our trip but it was a dream come true for me to be able to go to Europe 1 time let a lone twice, and I'm glad I got to go with Trish, we had a really good time. I believe we are tossing around the idea of heading for the border next? I have heard Quebec is very lovely, cute boys or not! Thanks for indulging me a trip down memory lane everyone. Hope next year is as exciting and wonderful as this year has been and I hope travelling is a big part of 2008! Trish good luck with your new career I wish you the very best in all that you do.

No comments: