Saturday, May 3, 2008

The New Year.....

FINALLY!!!!! It has been far to long since Trish and I posted anything to this blog. Trish is busy trying to find dead people, and I'm working three jobs. No more excuses the blog must be updated.

I moved into my brother's house a month ago, which has brought up some pretty good stories. Unfortunately I have already built a reputation as the weird chic across the street, the beast in the basement, and the aunt who works all the time.

Dawn this is for you.....My first weekend at my brother's house(by myself) and I lock myself out of the house. My first mistake was ditching church because I didn't want to go to a new ward by myself (chicken I know). I went out to feed the cat and realized the doors were all locked. You know those stupid doorknobs that let you open the door from the inside even though they are locked from the outside? I hate them! It had snowed the day before and it had been snowing off and on that Sunday, so it was freezing cold. There I am in a tshirt, shorts, and slippers in the freezing garage. I hung out for about 1 1/2 hours trying to figure out what to do. I heard the neighbors car door shut and after a 15 minute pep talk walked across the street, explained the situation and he let me use the phone to call my brother. Daniel told me which window I might be able to get into, the neighbor guy got his ladder and I climbed up, and yes the window was open. If it wasn't you would have heard about the girl frozen into a popsicle in Lehi. The moral of the story, don't buy door knobs that open from the inside when they are locked. They are dumb!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I was pretty sick and in bed sleeping. Taylor and her friend Tatum were playing downstairs, I heard Tay say she was going to get me some breakfast for when I woke up. When they were coming downstairs I heard Tatum whisper to Tay, "Does your mom make you feed her breakfast every morning?" She sounded pretty scared of the "beast in the basement." I had a good laugh about it.

I have had a lot of fun with my nieces and nephews, when I actually have time to play with them. Alexis did ask me if I could quit one of my jobs so I could play with them more. Since then we have made brownies, cupcakes and today I took them to the park. The moral of this story, qaulity time not quantity time. I have more then my share of joy and happiness so I wish you all the joy and happiness you deserve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! I love it. I can picture the whole scene. Teach you to skip church, missy!