Sunday, August 26, 2007

Old Country Songs.....

I had to share this with someone so why not blog it. I was on my way to Gunnison on Friday to watch my little brother Spencer's football game. I was flipping through the radio stations and landed on the old country tunes station. I like to listen once in awhile, because it brings back memories of my childhood. My dad loves old counry music and sang old country songs to us when we would go to bed at night. There was a pretty good tune on the station so I left it there, and when the song ended......let's just say the point of this blog started. I'm not lying the very first line of the song was, "Aaa luv baby ducks". I started laughing so hard I didn't hear the rest of the song. It did start me thinking of another old country tune(that makes me smile) about a Bird of Paradise. It goes something like this.......May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, may an elephant carress you with his toes.....I don't ever remember the rest of the song, but you can bet your bottom dollar it is a man done wrong by his woman song. My goal is to find this song and post it on the blog so stay tuned!! Hope this finds you full of happiness....

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Ang, I'm with you on dads with a soft spot for old country tunes. =) I can't say that I've heard the one about loving baby ducks, though... =) You make me laugh! Thanks for sharing so much joy and happiness! =)

Anonymous said...

"... may your wife be plagued with runners up her hose! May the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose." I think it may be by Ray Stevens.

Awesome!

Spreading Joy and Happiness said...

I found out who sings the song. It is Little Jimmy Dickens. Now I just need Trish to help me upload it to the site. Don't worry girls we will be adding something new very soon. We have been neglecting this blog for far to long.