Thursday, August 16, 2007

Squeaky or not - they make me happy!

You know what makes me happy? Wearing funny shirts (if you've ever seen me, you probably already knew that...)

In fact, one day I was explaining how we lost our luggage once on a family vacation - it was strapped to the luggage rack on top of the minivan and all fell off or something. I had a fuzzy velour magenta sweatshirt that had some sort of appliqued image in the center of it, and if you pushed the image, it squeaked. It was literally a squeaky shirt. Anyway, I was explaining this whole thing to some coworkers and dear Jennifer said "You've been Trish all your life, haven't you?" Yes, yes I have. It totally made me laugh inside. And miss my cool squeaky shirt. Funny shirts might even define me somewhat.

Anyway, today I wore my new shirt that I made at diabetes camp. We got some free shirts from a drug company, and the shirts - all Youth-Larges - have the drug company's name on the front (small and in the corner), and on the back, there's a monkey hanging from a tree branch. And then I tie-dyed it yellow and red, and it's the best tie-dye end product I've ever created. Spectacular.

I was walking into Chili's tonight to eat dinner, and realized I was somewhat underdressed for the typical Chili's crowd. And I am wearing a drug shirt with "a monkey on my back." I think that's funny - and only people who wear Youth-Large on a regular basis would not be old enough to see irony in that.

At least it's a tie-dyed monkey.

No comments: