Thursday, August 23, 2007

Oh My *%&$

Another story from the co-founder's famous trip to Belgium. We hope you won't be terribly bored by the stories, we feel like so many funny things happened, they should be shared. It goes something like this: Trish's parents had planned to take the Brussel's young adults to Paris for General Conference, so they could mingle with more people their age. Since Trish and I were visiting during this time we got to go too. The day before the trip to Paris, Trish and I spent the day in The Netherlands. What a day it was......tulips, canals, bikes, quaint old cities, cows, and wooden shoes....it doesn't get any better then that folks. We went to bed around 1:00 a.m., and had to be up by 7:30. Since we were taking the Eurostar(it goes to England), we had to go through customs, and that meant we had to be at the station by 8:20. Trish's parents took an earlier train with the young adults and left around 6:30. I heard them come in (I'm not sure Trish did), and ask if we were going to be able to get up in time? There was some mumbling that could have resembled a "yes we would", and went back to sleep. After that I remember feeling the sun and wondering what time it was, I grabbed my phone and (remember I am coming out of a dead sleep) yelled, "oh my hell Trish we are going to miss our train". Now I don't curse normally but it was 8:00 and we had to be there by 8:20. The main train station is only 1 stop away on the metro so it only takes 15 minutes to get there, but we had to change, lock up, run to the station, and hope a train showed up when we got there. Trish and I jumped out of bed, pulled our pants down on the spot, grabbed our levi's, changed our shirts, grabbed the bags we were taking, and ran out the door. Oh and did I mention, Trish's parents live on the top floor of the apartment building. I believe they are on floor 9, we didn't even wait for the elevator. We took off down the spiral stairs, the dog on floor 7 barked as we ran by, and I'm pretty sure he barked until we ran out the front door. Neither of us were fully awake but we were running like crazy people to the train station. We got to the station right at 8:20 and tried to find the entrance for the eurostar, spent 1 minute looking, and asked the guy at information, who told us we needed to hurry because we had to be there by 8:30. WHAT A RELIEF!!! We made it through customs got on the train and stared off into space for the entire ride to Lille(deer in the headlights might describe it best). We made it to Lille and almost got lost finding the train station to catch our next train, and Trish got held up showing someone her passport or rail pass. We were still dazed from the rush to the station and they probably thought we were using substances we shouldn't have been using. Needless to say we made it to Paris, we both agreed we didn't fully wake up until we were climbing the stairs in Montmarte to the Sacre Couer. You try sleeping through those stairs, all that sweating and huffing. We were finally able to stop and laugh about the morning, me cursing, both of us stripping, and running like we have never run before. Sorry for the curse word but I wasn't sure I could use quotes if the exact words weren't used. Hope this finds you happy and full of joy! Until next time..........Au Revoir!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! A great story! Well told.(Cursewords and all.)